In less than a year, the Salvation Army has raised the funds and begun construction on its new $2.5-million homeless lodge in Tupelo. Daily Journal reporter Riley Manning (7:06) joins Derek and Brad to discuss the new lodge, the need it will fill and the effort to make it a reality. Also on today’s show, health reporter Michaela Morris (11:02) talks about the significance of a new national report that says Mississippi continues to lag in its ability to respond to public health emergencies. Food editor Ginna Parsons (23:07) breaks down this week’s food section – strawberry trifle, a church cookbook, chicken and spinach quiche and more.
- #226: Plantersville, Shannon middle schools optimistic about improvement – 03/22/17
- #225: Weekend special: BBQ Duel, Flour Shop, “Get Out” & more – 03/17/17
- #224: Tupelo Police get body cameras – 03/15/17
- #223: Weekend special: Crowder, Monster Jam, “Logan” & spinach salad – 03/10/17
- #222: Looking ahead to the municipal elections – 03/08/17