In less than a year, the Salvation Army has raised the funds and begun construction on its new $2.5-million homeless lodge in Tupelo. Daily Journal reporter Riley Manning (7:06) joins Derek and Brad to discuss the new lodge, the need it will fill and the effort to make it a reality. Also on today’s show, health reporter Michaela Morris (11:02) talks about the significance of a new national report that says Mississippi continues to lag in its ability to respond to public health emergencies. Food editor Ginna Parsons (23:07) breaks down this week’s food section – strawberry trifle, a church cookbook, chicken and spinach quiche and more.
- #258: Planet of the Apes, Travis LeDoyt, and a young cook – 07/21/17
- #257: Looking back at the history of the BancorpSouth Arena – 07/19/17
- #256: A Scout’s Cookbook – 07/14/17
- #255: New developments in Fairpark, Mill Village and on North Gloster – 07/12/17
- #254: Zigtebra, ‘Despicable Me 3’ and pan-seared steak – 07/07/17