In less than a year, the Salvation Army has raised the funds and begun construction on its new $2.5-million homeless lodge in Tupelo. Daily Journal reporter Riley Manning (7:06) joins Derek and Brad to discuss the new lodge, the need it will fill and the effort to make it a reality. Also on today’s show, health reporter Michaela Morris (11:02) talks about the significance of a new national report that says Mississippi continues to lag in its ability to respond to public health emergencies. Food editor Ginna Parsons (23:07) breaks down this week’s food section – strawberry trifle, a church cookbook, chicken and spinach quiche and more.
- #242: Weekend edition: Old-Time Piano Playing Festival, Karen’s Cake Shoppe & “Alien: Covenant” – 05/26/17
- #241: Corinth Schools take innovative approach – 05/24/17
- #240: Weekend edition: “King Arthur,” Tupelo Hog Roast and a Biltmore salad – 05/19/17
- #239: Federal authorities won’t charge Tupelo officer in Shumpert shooting – 05/17/17
- #238: Weekend edition: GumTree Festival & “Guardians of the Galaxy” – 05/12/17