Tupelo voters will decide on May 3 whether to allow a sixth phase of Tupelo’s Major Thoroughfare Program, which uses a tax levy to improve Tupelo’s major roads. Daily Journal local government reporter Caleb Bedillion (7:47) joins Derek and Brad to describe the program and explain what will happen if the funds are approved. Also on today’s show, business editor Dennis Seid (12:58) discusses the state of businesses in Smithville five years after the Monroe County town was struck by an EF-5 tornado. Meanwhile, Brad (21:22) breaks down the craziest crime reports from last week.
- #242: Weekend edition: Old-Time Piano Playing Festival, Karen’s Cake Shoppe & “Alien: Covenant” – 05/26/17
- #241: Corinth Schools take innovative approach – 05/24/17
- #240: Weekend edition: “King Arthur,” Tupelo Hog Roast and a Biltmore salad – 05/19/17
- #239: Federal authorities won’t charge Tupelo officer in Shumpert shooting – 05/17/17
- #238: Weekend edition: GumTree Festival & “Guardians of the Galaxy” – 05/12/17