Tupelo voters will decide on May 3 whether to allow a sixth phase of Tupelo’s Major Thoroughfare Program, which uses a tax levy to improve Tupelo’s major roads. Daily Journal local government reporter Caleb Bedillion (7:47) joins Derek and Brad to describe the program and explain what will happen if the funds are approved. Also on today’s show, business editor Dennis Seid (12:58) discusses the state of businesses in Smithville five years after the Monroe County town was struck by an EF-5 tornado. Meanwhile, Brad (21:22) breaks down the craziest crime reports from last week.
- #233: Tupelo Schools to start STEM initiative & Chick-fil-A nears reopening – 04/26/17
- #232: Weekend special: Tupelo Film Fest, Mediterranean bread salad & “Going in Style” – 04/14/17
- #231: Program aims to attract more top students to become teachers – 04/12/17
- #230: Weekend special: Flavorful salads, “Ghost in the Shell,” & “Ax of Murder” – 04/07/17
- #229: Tupelo creates police advisory board – 04/05/17