Tupelo voters will decide on May 3 whether to allow a sixth phase of Tupelo’s Major Thoroughfare Program, which uses a tax levy to improve Tupelo’s major roads. Daily Journal local government reporter Caleb Bedillion (7:47) joins Derek and Brad to describe the program and explain what will happen if the funds are approved. Also on today’s show, business editor Dennis Seid (12:58) discusses the state of businesses in Smithville five years after the Monroe County town was struck by an EF-5 tornado. Meanwhile, Brad (21:22) breaks down the craziest crime reports from last week.
- #226: Plantersville, Shannon middle schools optimistic about improvement – 03/22/17
- #225: Weekend special: BBQ Duel, Flour Shop, “Get Out” & more – 03/17/17
- #224: Tupelo Police get body cameras – 03/15/17
- #223: Weekend special: Crowder, Monster Jam, “Logan” & spinach salad – 03/10/17
- #222: Looking ahead to the municipal elections – 03/08/17