Tupelo businessman Joe Haynes is opening the Retro Lounge on Spring Street near downtown Tupelo to give people a place where they can dance. Daily Journal business editor Dennis Seid (4:11) joins Brad and guest host Leslie Criss to discuss the new business and Haynes’s vision for it. Also on today’s show, Daily Journal reporter William Moore (8:39) talks about his Sunday story on female sex offenders. Females make up a minuscule percentage of convicted sexual assault offenders, but many go unreported or unpunished. Plus, food editor Ginna Parsons (17:49) gives the highlights of this week’s food section – sausage-hash brown casserole, chocolate cobbler and a bake sale to benefit a faith-based ministry.
- #242: Weekend edition: Old-Time Piano Playing Festival, Karen’s Cake Shoppe & “Alien: Covenant” – 05/26/17
- #241: Corinth Schools take innovative approach – 05/24/17
- #240: Weekend edition: “King Arthur,” Tupelo Hog Roast and a Biltmore salad – 05/19/17
- #239: Federal authorities won’t charge Tupelo officer in Shumpert shooting – 05/17/17
- #238: Weekend edition: GumTree Festival & “Guardians of the Galaxy” – 05/12/17