Mississippi representative Jay Hughes of Oxford is leading an effort to repeal controversial legislation signed into law by Gov. Phil Bryant to allow public officials and private businesses to refuse to provide services for gay marriages. Daily Journal Capitol bureau chief Bobby Harrison (8:11) joins Derek and Brad to talk about that effort and the latest on the law and its ensuing debate. Also on today’s show, Daily Journal business editor Dennis Seid (13:52) discusses his recent article that explains the restaurant inspection process. Dennis also gives the highlights of this weekend’s full slate of festivals and concerts. Daily Journal food editor Ginna Parsons (30:27) talks about this week’s food section — asparagus salad, Thai curry and salad in a box.
- #258: Planet of the Apes, Travis LeDoyt, and a young cook – 07/21/17
- #257: Looking back at the history of the BancorpSouth Arena – 07/19/17
- #256: A Scout’s Cookbook – 07/14/17
- #255: New developments in Fairpark, Mill Village and on North Gloster – 07/12/17
- #254: Zigtebra, ‘Despicable Me 3’ and pan-seared steak – 07/07/17