The Mississippi House is expected to send to Gov. Phil Bryant this week a controversial bill that would allow circuit clerks who object to same-sex marriage on religious grounds to delegate someone else to issue marriage certificates to gay couples. That bill would also allow businesses to decline services for same-sex weddings. Daily Journal Capitol Bureau Chief Bobby Harrison (5:54) joins Brad and Derek to discuss the bill and its potential impact. Also on today’s show, Daily Journal business editor Dennis Seid (15:49) has more details on the closing of Baldwyn-based Hancock Fabrics, and Brad (24:21) provides the wackiest crime reports of last week.
- #242: Weekend edition: Old-Time Piano Playing Festival, Karen’s Cake Shoppe & “Alien: Covenant” – 05/26/17
- #241: Corinth Schools take innovative approach – 05/24/17
- #240: Weekend edition: “King Arthur,” Tupelo Hog Roast and a Biltmore salad – 05/19/17
- #239: Federal authorities won’t charge Tupelo officer in Shumpert shooting – 05/17/17
- #238: Weekend edition: GumTree Festival & “Guardians of the Galaxy” – 05/12/17