The Mississippi House is expected to send to Gov. Phil Bryant this week a controversial bill that would allow circuit clerks who object to same-sex marriage on religious grounds to delegate someone else to issue marriage certificates to gay couples. That bill would also allow businesses to decline services for same-sex weddings. Daily Journal Capitol Bureau Chief Bobby Harrison (5:54) joins Brad and Derek to discuss the bill and its potential impact. Also on today’s show, Daily Journal business editor Dennis Seid (15:49) has more details on the closing of Baldwyn-based Hancock Fabrics, and Brad (24:21) provides the wackiest crime reports of last week.
- #226: Plantersville, Shannon middle schools optimistic about improvement – 03/22/17
- #225: Weekend special: BBQ Duel, Flour Shop, “Get Out” & more – 03/17/17
- #224: Tupelo Police get body cameras – 03/15/17
- #223: Weekend special: Crowder, Monster Jam, “Logan” & spinach salad – 03/10/17
- #222: Looking ahead to the municipal elections – 03/08/17