The Mississippi House voted on Good Friday to allow executions to be carried out by firing squad if the drugs needed for lethal injections could not be obtained. Daily Journal Capitol Bureau Chief Bobby Harrison (8:15) joins Derek and Brad to talk about the bill, as well as about recent squabbles in the House that include the speed of a computerized reading of legislation. Also on today’s show, education reporter Emma Kent (18:05) discusses a bill headed to the governor that would make all school district superintendents appointed positions rather than elected ones. Thomas Wells (25:36) provides background on his photo essay on Saturday’s Ballard Park Easter egg hunt, and Brad (30:33) has wacky crime reports from last week — including more on the Mooreville woods.
- #226: Plantersville, Shannon middle schools optimistic about improvement – 03/22/17
- #225: Weekend special: BBQ Duel, Flour Shop, “Get Out” & more – 03/17/17
- #224: Tupelo Police get body cameras – 03/15/17
- #223: Weekend special: Crowder, Monster Jam, “Logan” & spinach salad – 03/10/17
- #222: Looking ahead to the municipal elections – 03/08/17