Tupelo Convention & Visitors Bureau Executive Director Neal McCoy (9:47) joins Derek and Brad to talk about the organization’s changing approach for attracting tourists. It embarked on a new strategic plan in 2011 that stressed a consistent approach from advertising, the website, the visitors center and welcome signs to reflect Tupelo’s upbeat vibe. Also on today’s show, reporter Caleb Bedillion (22:10) has the details on Contour Airlines, which will begin offering service to Nashville on April 5. M. Scott Morris (28:41) reviews “Allegiant” and recalls his role on “SpaceCamp.” Derek (37:25) previews what is happening in Northeast Mississippi this weekend.
- #226: Plantersville, Shannon middle schools optimistic about improvement – 03/22/17
- #225: Weekend special: BBQ Duel, Flour Shop, “Get Out” & more – 03/17/17
- #224: Tupelo Police get body cameras – 03/15/17
- #223: Weekend special: Crowder, Monster Jam, “Logan” & spinach salad – 03/10/17
- #222: Looking ahead to the municipal elections – 03/08/17