Tupelo Convention & Visitors Bureau Executive Director Neal McCoy (9:47) joins Derek and Brad to talk about the organization’s changing approach for attracting tourists. It embarked on a new strategic plan in 2011 that stressed a consistent approach from advertising, the website, the visitors center and welcome signs to reflect Tupelo’s upbeat vibe. Also on today’s show, reporter Caleb Bedillion (22:10) has the details on Contour Airlines, which will begin offering service to Nashville on April 5. M. Scott Morris (28:41) reviews “Allegiant” and recalls his role on “SpaceCamp.” Derek (37:25) previews what is happening in Northeast Mississippi this weekend.
- #233: Tupelo Schools to start STEM initiative & Chick-fil-A nears reopening – 04/26/17
- #232: Weekend special: Tupelo Film Fest, Mediterranean bread salad & “Going in Style” – 04/14/17
- #231: Program aims to attract more top students to become teachers – 04/12/17
- #230: Weekend special: Flavorful salads, “Ghost in the Shell,” & “Ax of Murder” – 04/07/17
- #229: Tupelo creates police advisory board – 04/05/17