Tupelo Convention & Visitors Bureau Executive Director Neal McCoy (9:47) joins Derek and Brad to talk about the organization’s changing approach for attracting tourists. It embarked on a new strategic plan in 2011 that stressed a consistent approach from advertising, the website, the visitors center and welcome signs to reflect Tupelo’s upbeat vibe. Also on today’s show, reporter Caleb Bedillion (22:10) has the details on Contour Airlines, which will begin offering service to Nashville on April 5. M. Scott Morris (28:41) reviews “Allegiant” and recalls his role on “SpaceCamp.” Derek (37:25) previews what is happening in Northeast Mississippi this weekend.
- #242: Weekend edition: Old-Time Piano Playing Festival, Karen’s Cake Shoppe & “Alien: Covenant” – 05/26/17
- #241: Corinth Schools take innovative approach – 05/24/17
- #240: Weekend edition: “King Arthur,” Tupelo Hog Roast and a Biltmore salad – 05/19/17
- #239: Federal authorities won’t charge Tupelo officer in Shumpert shooting – 05/17/17
- #238: Weekend edition: GumTree Festival & “Guardians of the Galaxy” – 05/12/17