Amory’s Trent Harmon is among the five finalists on “American Idol.” Ray Van Dusen (5:03) of the Monroe Journal joins Derek and Brad to talk about Harmon’s success and an upcoming celebration that could be held if he continues to advance on the national television hit show. Also on today’s episode, Bobby Harrison (10:08) describes a bill that would prevent state officials from using campaign funds for personal purchases, and Lauren Wood (19:24) talks about her photo essay on the Tupelo High School broadcast journalism class. Food editor Ginna Parsons (25:08) also breaks down this week’s food section — cooking with fresh vegetables and Traceway’s food bazaar.
- #242: Weekend edition: Old-Time Piano Playing Festival, Karen’s Cake Shoppe & “Alien: Covenant” – 05/26/17
- #241: Corinth Schools take innovative approach – 05/24/17
- #240: Weekend edition: “King Arthur,” Tupelo Hog Roast and a Biltmore salad – 05/19/17
- #239: Federal authorities won’t charge Tupelo officer in Shumpert shooting – 05/17/17
- #238: Weekend edition: GumTree Festival & “Guardians of the Galaxy” – 05/12/17