Amory’s Trent Harmon is among the five finalists on “American Idol.” Ray Van Dusen (5:03) of the Monroe Journal joins Derek and Brad to talk about Harmon’s success and an upcoming celebration that could be held if he continues to advance on the national television hit show. Also on today’s episode, Bobby Harrison (10:08) describes a bill that would prevent state officials from using campaign funds for personal purchases, and Lauren Wood (19:24) talks about her photo essay on the Tupelo High School broadcast journalism class. Food editor Ginna Parsons (25:08) also breaks down this week’s food section — cooking with fresh vegetables and Traceway’s food bazaar.
- #226: Plantersville, Shannon middle schools optimistic about improvement – 03/22/17
- #225: Weekend special: BBQ Duel, Flour Shop, “Get Out” & more – 03/17/17
- #224: Tupelo Police get body cameras – 03/15/17
- #223: Weekend special: Crowder, Monster Jam, “Logan” & spinach salad – 03/10/17
- #222: Looking ahead to the municipal elections – 03/08/17