Testing and funding pressures are carving a new role for arts education in Mississippi schools. Daily Journal education reporter Emma Kent (7:25) explored those changes in a three-day series and joins the show to share more details from her reporting. Also on today’s show, Emma talks to Bobby Harrison (16:33) about modifications the Legislature might make to the formula that funds schools, and Brad (27:06) discusses the wackiest crime reports from last week. Brad (1:45) also has the details from Saturday’s Mustache Bash, at which he won the “Creeper” award.
- #233: Tupelo Schools to start STEM initiative & Chick-fil-A nears reopening – 04/26/17
- #232: Weekend special: Tupelo Film Fest, Mediterranean bread salad & “Going in Style” – 04/14/17
- #231: Program aims to attract more top students to become teachers – 04/12/17
- #230: Weekend special: Flavorful salads, “Ghost in the Shell,” & “Ax of Murder” – 04/07/17
- #229: Tupelo creates police advisory board – 04/05/17