Testing and funding pressures are carving a new role for arts education in Mississippi schools. Daily Journal education reporter Emma Kent (7:25) explored those changes in a three-day series and joins the show to share more details from her reporting. Also on today’s show, Emma talks to Bobby Harrison (16:33) about modifications the Legislature might make to the formula that funds schools, and Brad (27:06) discusses the wackiest crime reports from last week. Brad (1:45) also has the details from Saturday’s Mustache Bash, at which he won the “Creeper” award.
- #226: Plantersville, Shannon middle schools optimistic about improvement – 03/22/17
- #225: Weekend special: BBQ Duel, Flour Shop, “Get Out” & more – 03/17/17
- #224: Tupelo Police get body cameras – 03/15/17
- #223: Weekend special: Crowder, Monster Jam, “Logan” & spinach salad – 03/10/17
- #222: Looking ahead to the municipal elections – 03/08/17