Today, Derek and Brad are joined by Tupelo businessman and former mayor Jack Reed Jr. Reed (6:11) talks about ongoing projects in the city, what he sees as some of its most important issues and the new Convention & Visitor’s Bureau exhibit honoring Frank Dowsing. Reed also shares stories about his dad, Jack Reed Sr., the iconic Tupelo civic leader who died in January. Also on today’s show, Daily Journal Capitol Bureau Chief Bobby Harrison (28:25) discusses a couple of issues debated by the legislature on Tuesday — charter schools and marijuana. And food editor Ginna Parsons (38:42) has the highlights of this week’s food section: BBQ Duel, amalgamation cake, redneck crackers and garlic roasted vegetables.
- #250: Food truck offers authentic Mexican fare – 06/23/17
- #249: Advisory board nominees win council approval – 06/21/17
- #248: Sunshot salsa, “The Mummy” & “Shrek Jr.” – 06/16/17
- #247: Joyner Garden District celebrates neighborhood’s progress – 06/14/17
- #246: Lula Lee’s returns with big milkshakes – 06/09/17