Tuesday was a key deadline day for bills in the Mississippi Legislature. Among those that did not make the cut was one that would have provided state funds for students to attend private schools and another that could have changed the state flag. Daily Journal Capitol Bureau Chief Bobby Harrison (4:23) joins Brad and guest host Lauren Wood to talk more about those bills, what’s next for those issues and other news from Tuesday’s deadline. Also on today’s show, Daily Journal law enforcement reporter William Moore (12:56) discusses the start of another police academy session, and food editor Ginna Parsons (24:45) talks about this week’s food section — Key lime cake, rolls and a meatless, skillet dish.
- #258: Planet of the Apes, Travis LeDoyt, and a young cook – 07/21/17
- #257: Looking back at the history of the BancorpSouth Arena – 07/19/17
- #256: A Scout’s Cookbook – 07/14/17
- #255: New developments in Fairpark, Mill Village and on North Gloster – 07/12/17
- #254: Zigtebra, ‘Despicable Me 3’ and pan-seared steak – 07/07/17