Tuesday was a key deadline day for bills in the Mississippi Legislature. Among those that did not make the cut was one that would have provided state funds for students to attend private schools and another that could have changed the state flag. Daily Journal Capitol Bureau Chief Bobby Harrison (4:23) joins Brad and guest host Lauren Wood to talk more about those bills, what’s next for those issues and other news from Tuesday’s deadline. Also on today’s show, Daily Journal law enforcement reporter William Moore (12:56) discusses the start of another police academy session, and food editor Ginna Parsons (24:45) talks about this week’s food section — Key lime cake, rolls and a meatless, skillet dish.
- #242: Weekend edition: Old-Time Piano Playing Festival, Karen’s Cake Shoppe & “Alien: Covenant” – 05/26/17
- #241: Corinth Schools take innovative approach – 05/24/17
- #240: Weekend edition: “King Arthur,” Tupelo Hog Roast and a Biltmore salad – 05/19/17
- #239: Federal authorities won’t charge Tupelo officer in Shumpert shooting – 05/17/17
- #238: Weekend edition: GumTree Festival & “Guardians of the Galaxy” – 05/12/17