Education leaders from Northeast Mississippi met on Wednesday during the CREATE Foundation’s annual Dropout Prevention Summit to discuss ways to help more students finish school. Daily Journal education reporter Emma Kent (4:55) joins Brad and guest co-host Scott Morris to discuss their plans and why the issue impacts all of us — not just those with children in school. Also on today’s show, reporter Zack Orsborn (14:00) describes a new Tupelo effort to provide water for residents of Flint, Michigan, while Ray Van Dusen (21:49) of The Monroe Journal has the latest on Amory native Trent Harmon’s run through “American Idol.” Meanwhile, Scott (26:45) reviews “Deadpool,” and Brad (35:07) has a rundown of what is happening this weekend.
- #233: Tupelo Schools to start STEM initiative & Chick-fil-A nears reopening – 04/26/17
- #232: Weekend special: Tupelo Film Fest, Mediterranean bread salad & “Going in Style” – 04/14/17
- #231: Program aims to attract more top students to become teachers – 04/12/17
- #230: Weekend special: Flavorful salads, “Ghost in the Shell,” & “Ax of Murder” – 04/07/17
- #229: Tupelo creates police advisory board – 04/05/17