Bills that would make state funds available for parents to send their children to private schools are pending in both chambers of the Mississippi Legislature. Daily Journal Capitol Bureau Chief Bobby Harrison (19:18) joins Derek and Brad to provide more information on the bills, their path to passage and what advocates and opponents are saying about them. We’re also joined by special guest Chris Traylor (8:00), president of the Lee County NAACP, who discusses what the organization has been doing lately. Traylor also talks about his role on a new citizen committee designed to create better relations between the community and law enforcement and shares some of his heroes of Black History Month. Plus, William Moore (27:46) joins the show to discuss the Robins Field sinkhole, and Ginna Parsons (32:29) breaks down this week’s food section — including a tilapia recipe. Oh yeah, we also talk about Brad’s life as a middle child.
- #226: Plantersville, Shannon middle schools optimistic about improvement – 03/22/17
- #225: Weekend special: BBQ Duel, Flour Shop, “Get Out” & more – 03/17/17
- #224: Tupelo Police get body cameras – 03/15/17
- #223: Weekend special: Crowder, Monster Jam, “Logan” & spinach salad – 03/10/17
- #222: Looking ahead to the municipal elections – 03/08/17