North Mississippi Medical Center Wellness Center Fitness Supervisor Edwin Crenshaw (10:49) joins Derek and Brad. Crenshaw has advice for those who want to improve their physical fitness — set a plan, use short-term goals and rewards and be mindful of what you eat. Also on today’s show, Daily Journal Capitol Bureau Chief Bobby Harrison (24:21) sheds light on a recent study about chronic absenteeism for some Mississippi students, M. Scott Morris (31:37) reviews “The Finest Hours,” and Derek (38:11) has details about this weekend’s entertainment scene. Derek and Brad (1:40) also have highlights of Ole Miss and Mississippi State football recruiting classes after Wednesday’s National Signing Day.
- #242: Weekend edition: Old-Time Piano Playing Festival, Karen’s Cake Shoppe & “Alien: Covenant” – 05/26/17
- #241: Corinth Schools take innovative approach – 05/24/17
- #240: Weekend edition: “King Arthur,” Tupelo Hog Roast and a Biltmore salad – 05/19/17
- #239: Federal authorities won’t charge Tupelo officer in Shumpert shooting – 05/17/17
- #238: Weekend edition: GumTree Festival & “Guardians of the Galaxy” – 05/12/17