Daily Journal sports editor John Pitts (12:08) joins Brad and guest co-host M. Scott Morris to break down the Super Bowl 50 matchup between the Denver Broncos and Carolina Panthers. Pitts tells viewers what to look for on Sunday, notes the players with local ties who will be participating and shares his favorite Super Bowl memories. Also on today’s show, Daily Journal business editor Dennis Seid (6:10) talks about local retailer Hancock Fabrics filing for bankruptcy. Food editor Ginna Parsons (32:23) breaks down this week’s food section — Super Bowl snacks, Charity Ball menu and a teen who has set her sights on culinary school.
- #242: Weekend edition: Old-Time Piano Playing Festival, Karen’s Cake Shoppe & “Alien: Covenant” – 05/26/17
- #241: Corinth Schools take innovative approach – 05/24/17
- #240: Weekend edition: “King Arthur,” Tupelo Hog Roast and a Biltmore salad – 05/19/17
- #239: Federal authorities won’t charge Tupelo officer in Shumpert shooting – 05/17/17
- #238: Weekend edition: GumTree Festival & “Guardians of the Galaxy” – 05/12/17