The Salvation Army is nearing its $2.5-million fundraising goal to build a new homeless shelter in Tupelo with a larger capacity. The Daily Journal’s Riley Manning (4:44) has been covering that effort and joins Brad and guest host M. Scott Morris to discuss the push to build the new facility. Also on today’s show, Scott (8:56) profiles a Nettleton man who moves houses for a living, photographer Adam Robison (19:20) talks about his photo essay that goes behind-the-scenes at Scarlet’s Donuts, and Ginna Parsons (25:17) breaks down this week’s food section. Find out more about Greek yogurt and her buttermilk chicken recipe.
- #233: Tupelo Schools to start STEM initiative & Chick-fil-A nears reopening – 04/26/17
- #232: Weekend special: Tupelo Film Fest, Mediterranean bread salad & “Going in Style” – 04/14/17
- #231: Program aims to attract more top students to become teachers – 04/12/17
- #230: Weekend special: Flavorful salads, “Ghost in the Shell,” & “Ax of Murder” – 04/07/17
- #229: Tupelo creates police advisory board – 04/05/17