After Mississippians traveled in droves to other states to buy tickets for the recent Powerball drawing, some lawmakers have called for Mississippi to consider adding a state lottery. Others remain strongly opposed. Daily Journal Capitol Bureau Chief Bobby Harrison (10:08) joins Brad and guest host Emma Kent to discuss the debate and what may happen. Also on today’s show, Tupelo civil rights attorney Kenneth Mayfield (2:43) speaks of his remembrance of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., how he was inspired by the civil rights leader and how far we’ve come as a society since King’s death. Business editor Dennis Seid (20:00) has details from the announcement that Wal-Mart Stores Inc. will close six Walmart Express stores in north Mississippi, and Brad (24:08) has the highlights from last week’s crime reports.
- #258: Planet of the Apes, Travis LeDoyt, and a young cook – 07/21/17
- #257: Looking back at the history of the BancorpSouth Arena – 07/19/17
- #256: A Scout’s Cookbook – 07/14/17
- #255: New developments in Fairpark, Mill Village and on North Gloster – 07/12/17
- #254: Zigtebra, ‘Despicable Me 3’ and pan-seared steak – 07/07/17