After Mississippians traveled in droves to other states to buy tickets for the recent Powerball drawing, some lawmakers have called for Mississippi to consider adding a state lottery. Others remain strongly opposed. Daily Journal Capitol Bureau Chief Bobby Harrison (10:08) joins Brad and guest host Emma Kent to discuss the debate and what may happen. Also on today’s show, Tupelo civil rights attorney Kenneth Mayfield (2:43) speaks of his remembrance of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., how he was inspired by the civil rights leader and how far we’ve come as a society since King’s death. Business editor Dennis Seid (20:00) has details from the announcement that Wal-Mart Stores Inc. will close six Walmart Express stores in north Mississippi, and Brad (24:08) has the highlights from last week’s crime reports.
- #226: Plantersville, Shannon middle schools optimistic about improvement – 03/22/17
- #225: Weekend special: BBQ Duel, Flour Shop, “Get Out” & more – 03/17/17
- #224: Tupelo Police get body cameras – 03/15/17
- #223: Weekend special: Crowder, Monster Jam, “Logan” & spinach salad – 03/10/17
- #222: Looking ahead to the municipal elections – 03/08/17