Guest Kenneth Mayfield, Tupelo attorney and chairman of the Committee for King, visits with Brad and guest host Leslie Criss to discuss events taking place this weekend to celebrate Martin Luther King Day (3:21). Meanwhile, reporter Zack Orsborn (12:12) gives insight on the impact of Elvis-related tourism on Tupelo. Also on today’s show, Emma Kent (21:35) talks about the return of Blue Bell ice cream to Tupelo stores. Food editor Ginna Parsons (25:01) highlights this week’s food section and discusses the new renovations at Kroger.
- #242: Weekend edition: Old-Time Piano Playing Festival, Karen’s Cake Shoppe & “Alien: Covenant” – 05/26/17
- #241: Corinth Schools take innovative approach – 05/24/17
- #240: Weekend edition: “King Arthur,” Tupelo Hog Roast and a Biltmore salad – 05/19/17
- #239: Federal authorities won’t charge Tupelo officer in Shumpert shooting – 05/17/17
- #238: Weekend edition: GumTree Festival & “Guardians of the Galaxy” – 05/12/17