Tupelo city leaders are calling for the demolition of the former Travelodge/ Ramada hotel at the intersection of North Gloster Street and McCullough Boulevard. Daily Journal reporter William Moore (4:02) joins Derek and Brad to talk more about the fate of the property. Also on today’s show, M.Scott Morris (11:14) discusses a feature he wrote about Biggersville’s Jay Baxter, whose adventures include starting his own radio station, appearing in a commercial for the Grand Ole Opry, being friends with Carl Perkins and meeting Paul McCartney. Meanwhile, Ginna Parsons (22:51) talks about this week’s food section.
- #258: Planet of the Apes, Travis LeDoyt, and a young cook – 07/21/17
- #257: Looking back at the history of the BancorpSouth Arena – 07/19/17
- #256: A Scout’s Cookbook – 07/14/17
- #255: New developments in Fairpark, Mill Village and on North Gloster – 07/12/17
- #254: Zigtebra, ‘Despicable Me 3’ and pan-seared steak – 07/07/17