Tupelo city leaders are calling for the demolition of the former Travelodge/ Ramada hotel at the intersection of North Gloster Street and McCullough Boulevard. Daily Journal reporter William Moore (4:02) joins Derek and Brad to talk more about the fate of the property. Also on today’s show, M.Scott Morris (11:14) discusses a feature he wrote about Biggersville’s Jay Baxter, whose adventures include starting his own radio station, appearing in a commercial for the Grand Ole Opry, being friends with Carl Perkins and meeting Paul McCartney. Meanwhile, Ginna Parsons (22:51) talks about this week’s food section.
- #242: Weekend edition: Old-Time Piano Playing Festival, Karen’s Cake Shoppe & “Alien: Covenant” – 05/26/17
- #241: Corinth Schools take innovative approach – 05/24/17
- #240: Weekend edition: “King Arthur,” Tupelo Hog Roast and a Biltmore salad – 05/19/17
- #239: Federal authorities won’t charge Tupelo officer in Shumpert shooting – 05/17/17
- #238: Weekend edition: GumTree Festival & “Guardians of the Galaxy” – 05/12/17