Shipley’s Donuts stores in Tupelo will become Scarlet’s Donuts in the near future as franchise owners David and Scarlet Wilson will venture on their own. Daily Journal business editor Dennis Seid (2:16) joins Derek and guest host Emma Kent to talk about the name change and what it means for a long-time Tupelo favorite. Also on today’s show, Riley Manning (8:55) talks about the destruction he witnessed in Holly Springs from last week’s devastating tornado, Michaela Morris (16:28) discusses ways to help family members with addiction issues during the holiday season, and Ginna Parsons (24:13) shares ideas from this week’s food section.
- #242: Weekend edition: Old-Time Piano Playing Festival, Karen’s Cake Shoppe & “Alien: Covenant” – 05/26/17
- #241: Corinth Schools take innovative approach – 05/24/17
- #240: Weekend edition: “King Arthur,” Tupelo Hog Roast and a Biltmore salad – 05/19/17
- #239: Federal authorities won’t charge Tupelo officer in Shumpert shooting – 05/17/17
- #238: Weekend edition: GumTree Festival & “Guardians of the Galaxy” – 05/12/17