Guest host Emma Kent joins Derek and talks about “Masterpiece Fridays,” a pilot program launched recently at Plantersville Middle (2:35). Students focus on different skills like carpentry, catering, gardening and landscaping in a program designed to help eighth-grade students learn life and career skills. Also on today’s show, Daily Journal religion reporter Riley Manning (6:21) details plans for Christmas services at Tupelo churches, as well as efforts to restore First Christian Church from the April 2014 tornado. Food editor Ginna Parsons (13:20) discusses this week’s food section, M. Scott Morris (21:33) reviews “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” and Derek tells us about this week’s Scene section (28:50).
- #242: Weekend edition: Old-Time Piano Playing Festival, Karen’s Cake Shoppe & “Alien: Covenant” – 05/26/17
- #241: Corinth Schools take innovative approach – 05/24/17
- #240: Weekend edition: “King Arthur,” Tupelo Hog Roast and a Biltmore salad – 05/19/17
- #239: Federal authorities won’t charge Tupelo officer in Shumpert shooting – 05/17/17
- #238: Weekend edition: GumTree Festival & “Guardians of the Galaxy” – 05/12/17