Guest host Emma Kent joins Derek and talks about “Masterpiece Fridays,” a pilot program launched recently at Plantersville Middle (2:35). Students focus on different skills like carpentry, catering, gardening and landscaping in a program designed to help eighth-grade students learn life and career skills. Also on today’s show, Daily Journal religion reporter Riley Manning (6:21) details plans for Christmas services at Tupelo churches, as well as efforts to restore First Christian Church from the April 2014 tornado. Food editor Ginna Parsons (13:20) discusses this week’s food section, M. Scott Morris (21:33) reviews “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” and Derek tells us about this week’s Scene section (28:50).
- #226: Plantersville, Shannon middle schools optimistic about improvement – 03/22/17
- #225: Weekend special: BBQ Duel, Flour Shop, “Get Out” & more – 03/17/17
- #224: Tupelo Police get body cameras – 03/15/17
- #223: Weekend special: Crowder, Monster Jam, “Logan” & spinach salad – 03/10/17
- #222: Looking ahead to the municipal elections – 03/08/17