Guest host Emma Kent joins Derek and talks about “Masterpiece Fridays,” a pilot program launched recently at Plantersville Middle (2:35). Students focus on different skills like carpentry, catering, gardening and landscaping in a program designed to help eighth-grade students learn life and career skills. Also on today’s show, Daily Journal religion reporter Riley Manning (6:21) details plans for Christmas services at Tupelo churches, as well as efforts to restore First Christian Church from the April 2014 tornado. Food editor Ginna Parsons (13:20) discusses this week’s food section, M. Scott Morris (21:33) reviews “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” and Derek tells us about this week’s Scene section (28:50).
- #233: Tupelo Schools to start STEM initiative & Chick-fil-A nears reopening – 04/26/17
- #232: Weekend special: Tupelo Film Fest, Mediterranean bread salad & “Going in Style” – 04/14/17
- #231: Program aims to attract more top students to become teachers – 04/12/17
- #230: Weekend special: Flavorful salads, “Ghost in the Shell,” & “Ax of Murder” – 04/07/17
- #229: Tupelo creates police advisory board – 04/05/17