Tupelo rap duo Rae Sremmurd held its first Sremm Fest over the weekend, featuring a concert at the BancorpSouth Arena and barbecue at Ballard Park. Guest host Lauren Wood (3:15) photographed the concert on Saturday night and describes the energy inside the venue. Also on today’s show, Daily Journal Capitol Bureau Chief Bobby Harrison (9:15) tells Lauren and Derek about the Mississippi Economic Council’s plan to improve the state’s roads and bridges, religion reporter Riley Manning (16:17) discusses the Salvation Army’s Angel Tree program, and the hosts look at highlights from last week’s crime reports (20:50).
- #233: Tupelo Schools to start STEM initiative & Chick-fil-A nears reopening – 04/26/17
- #232: Weekend special: Tupelo Film Fest, Mediterranean bread salad & “Going in Style” – 04/14/17
- #231: Program aims to attract more top students to become teachers – 04/12/17
- #230: Weekend special: Flavorful salads, “Ghost in the Shell,” & “Ax of Murder” – 04/07/17
- #229: Tupelo creates police advisory board – 04/05/17