A planned commercial development could open up West Main Street across from Ballard Park to restaurants and other retail businesses. The City Council discussed the development at Tuesday’s meeting and approved a new traffic light near it. Daily Journal reporter William Moore (8:05) joins Derek and Brad to discuss the plans. Also on today’s show, Daily Journal reporter Zack Orsborn (15:12) discusses his Sunday story about how people are handling grief during the holidays, and Capitol Bureau Chief Bobby Harrison (24:53) outlines efforts to develop next year’s state budget. Food editor Ginna Parsons (31:02) talks about this week’s food section — Symphony brownies and a barbecue restaurant in Fulton.
- #226: Plantersville, Shannon middle schools optimistic about improvement – 03/22/17
- #225: Weekend special: BBQ Duel, Flour Shop, “Get Out” & more – 03/17/17
- #224: Tupelo Police get body cameras – 03/15/17
- #223: Weekend special: Crowder, Monster Jam, “Logan” & spinach salad – 03/10/17
- #222: Looking ahead to the municipal elections – 03/08/17