A planned commercial development could open up West Main Street across from Ballard Park to restaurants and other retail businesses. The City Council discussed the development at Tuesday’s meeting and approved a new traffic light near it. Daily Journal reporter William Moore (8:05) joins Derek and Brad to discuss the plans. Also on today’s show, Daily Journal reporter Zack Orsborn (15:12) discusses his Sunday story about how people are handling grief during the holidays, and Capitol Bureau Chief Bobby Harrison (24:53) outlines efforts to develop next year’s state budget. Food editor Ginna Parsons (31:02) talks about this week’s food section — Symphony brownies and a barbecue restaurant in Fulton.
- #233: Tupelo Schools to start STEM initiative & Chick-fil-A nears reopening – 04/26/17
- #232: Weekend special: Tupelo Film Fest, Mediterranean bread salad & “Going in Style” – 04/14/17
- #231: Program aims to attract more top students to become teachers – 04/12/17
- #230: Weekend special: Flavorful salads, “Ghost in the Shell,” & “Ax of Murder” – 04/07/17
- #229: Tupelo creates police advisory board – 04/05/17