A planned commercial development could open up West Main Street across from Ballard Park to restaurants and other retail businesses. The City Council discussed the development at Tuesday’s meeting and approved a new traffic light near it. Daily Journal reporter William Moore (8:05) joins Derek and Brad to discuss the plans. Also on today’s show, Daily Journal reporter Zack Orsborn (15:12) discusses his Sunday story about how people are handling grief during the holidays, and Capitol Bureau Chief Bobby Harrison (24:53) outlines efforts to develop next year’s state budget. Food editor Ginna Parsons (31:02) talks about this week’s food section — Symphony brownies and a barbecue restaurant in Fulton.
- #242: Weekend edition: Old-Time Piano Playing Festival, Karen’s Cake Shoppe & “Alien: Covenant” – 05/26/17
- #241: Corinth Schools take innovative approach – 05/24/17
- #240: Weekend edition: “King Arthur,” Tupelo Hog Roast and a Biltmore salad – 05/19/17
- #239: Federal authorities won’t charge Tupelo officer in Shumpert shooting – 05/17/17
- #238: Weekend edition: GumTree Festival & “Guardians of the Galaxy” – 05/12/17