The controversy surrounding the state College Board has died down since last spring’s Dan Jones decision. However, some Legislators say they still plan to introduce bills that could strip the Board of some of its powers and instead create individual boards to oversee personnel decisions at each of the state’s four research universities. Daily Journal Capitol Bureau Chief Bobby Harrison (3:48) wrote about this in Saturday’s paper and joins Derek and guest host Lauren Wood for more. Also on today’s show, Lauren and religion reporter Riley Manning (8:29) discuss a story-photo package they did about Hanukkah. Derek (12:44) also breaks down last week’s wacky crime reports.
- #258: Planet of the Apes, Travis LeDoyt, and a young cook – 07/21/17
- #257: Looking back at the history of the BancorpSouth Arena – 07/19/17
- #256: A Scout’s Cookbook – 07/14/17
- #255: New developments in Fairpark, Mill Village and on North Gloster – 07/12/17
- #254: Zigtebra, ‘Despicable Me 3’ and pan-seared steak – 07/07/17