Tupelo School District Superintendent Gearl Loden and Executive Director of Operations Andy Cantrell (6:35) join Brad and guest host Emma Kent to provide an update on the projects that have flowed from the district’s April bond issue. Loden also spoke about TPSD Administrator of the Year Corlis Curry, as well as about Loden’s goals and visions for the district. Also on today’s show, Oxford Citizen reporter Errol Castens (16:32) provides an update on a controversial Lafayette County/Oxford/Ole Miss program that uses confidential informants for drug cases. Emma (21:09) tells us about a new mentoring program in Tupelo, and food editor Ginna Parsons (26:05) discusses this week’s food section.
- #233: Tupelo Schools to start STEM initiative & Chick-fil-A nears reopening – 04/26/17
- #232: Weekend special: Tupelo Film Fest, Mediterranean bread salad & “Going in Style” – 04/14/17
- #231: Program aims to attract more top students to become teachers – 04/12/17
- #230: Weekend special: Flavorful salads, “Ghost in the Shell,” & “Ax of Murder” – 04/07/17
- #229: Tupelo creates police advisory board – 04/05/17