Lee County last week received designation as an Excel By 5 certified community, capping a three-year effort. Education reporter Emma Kent (8:04) joins Derek and Brad to describe the significance of this early childhood education recognition. Also on today’s show, Daily Journal Capitol Bureau Chief Bobby Harrison (14:45) talks about how the legislature might address the need to improve Mississippi’s roads and bridges, and Brad (21:35) breaks down last week’s crime reports.
- #233: Tupelo Schools to start STEM initiative & Chick-fil-A nears reopening – 04/26/17
- #232: Weekend special: Tupelo Film Fest, Mediterranean bread salad & “Going in Style” – 04/14/17
- #231: Program aims to attract more top students to become teachers – 04/12/17
- #230: Weekend special: Flavorful salads, “Ghost in the Shell,” & “Ax of Murder” – 04/07/17
- #229: Tupelo creates police advisory board – 04/05/17