Lee County last week received designation as an Excel By 5 certified community, capping a three-year effort. Education reporter Emma Kent (8:04) joins Derek and Brad to describe the significance of this early childhood education recognition. Also on today’s show, Daily Journal Capitol Bureau Chief Bobby Harrison (14:45) talks about how the legislature might address the need to improve Mississippi’s roads and bridges, and Brad (21:35) breaks down last week’s crime reports.
- #226: Plantersville, Shannon middle schools optimistic about improvement – 03/22/17
- #225: Weekend special: BBQ Duel, Flour Shop, “Get Out” & more – 03/17/17
- #224: Tupelo Police get body cameras – 03/15/17
- #223: Weekend special: Crowder, Monster Jam, “Logan” & spinach salad – 03/10/17
- #222: Looking ahead to the municipal elections – 03/08/17