Tupelo’s Mary Ann Plasencia won the Judge’s Choice Award at Sunday night’s Cooking Like the Stars event and joins Derek and Brad to talk about the annual fundraiser for the Boys & Girls Clubs of North Mississippi (19:48). Also on today’s show, Daily Journal health reporter Michaela Morris (11:21) discusses new national statistics that show obesity rates continue to rise except for kids ages 2 to 5. Meanwhile, Derek and Brad talk about last week’s crime reports (28:59) and look ahead to Thanksgiving. Cooking, obesity and Thanksgiving, oh my!
- #242: Weekend edition: Old-Time Piano Playing Festival, Karen’s Cake Shoppe & “Alien: Covenant” – 05/26/17
- #241: Corinth Schools take innovative approach – 05/24/17
- #240: Weekend edition: “King Arthur,” Tupelo Hog Roast and a Biltmore salad – 05/19/17
- #239: Federal authorities won’t charge Tupelo officer in Shumpert shooting – 05/17/17
- #238: Weekend edition: GumTree Festival & “Guardians of the Galaxy” – 05/12/17