Tupelo’s Mary Ann Plasencia won the Judge’s Choice Award at Sunday night’s Cooking Like the Stars event and joins Derek and Brad to talk about the annual fundraiser for the Boys & Girls Clubs of North Mississippi (19:48). Also on today’s show, Daily Journal health reporter Michaela Morris (11:21) discusses new national statistics that show obesity rates continue to rise except for kids ages 2 to 5. Meanwhile, Derek and Brad talk about last week’s crime reports (28:59) and look ahead to Thanksgiving. Cooking, obesity and Thanksgiving, oh my!
- #233: Tupelo Schools to start STEM initiative & Chick-fil-A nears reopening – 04/26/17
- #232: Weekend special: Tupelo Film Fest, Mediterranean bread salad & “Going in Style” – 04/14/17
- #231: Program aims to attract more top students to become teachers – 04/12/17
- #230: Weekend special: Flavorful salads, “Ghost in the Shell,” & “Ax of Murder” – 04/07/17
- #229: Tupelo creates police advisory board – 04/05/17