Following an amendment to its “zero tolerance” discipline policy in October, the Tupelo Public School District created a task force to evaluate the district’s discipline polices. The goal is to get community input on possible tweaks. Daily Journal education reporter Emma Crawford Kent (6:21) joins Brad and Derek for more information. Also on today’s show, Lauren Wood (12:39) speaks about her photo essay on a sous chef, M. Scott Morris (15:39) reviews “The 33,” and Derek (19:57) talks about weekend entertainment. Meanwhile, the staff prepares for the Daily Journal’s annual Thanksgiving luncheon.
- #233: Tupelo Schools to start STEM initiative & Chick-fil-A nears reopening – 04/26/17
- #232: Weekend special: Tupelo Film Fest, Mediterranean bread salad & “Going in Style” – 04/14/17
- #231: Program aims to attract more top students to become teachers – 04/12/17
- #230: Weekend special: Flavorful salads, “Ghost in the Shell,” & “Ax of Murder” – 04/07/17
- #229: Tupelo creates police advisory board – 04/05/17