Making it big as a hip-hop artist isn’t easy in the rural stretch between the more music-centric cities of Memphis and Atlanta, but hip-hop is on the rise in Tupelo. The Daily Journal’s Riley Manning (2:40) attended a hip-hop showcase last weekend and joins Derek and Brad to discuss it. Also on today’s show, Lauren Wood and Ellie Turner (8:38) talk about last Sunday’s Bridal Journal Expo, and Ginna Parsons (14:11) gives insight on today’s food section. Plus, Derek and Brad seek their own hip-hop DJ names.
- #226: Plantersville, Shannon middle schools optimistic about improvement – 03/22/17
- #225: Weekend special: BBQ Duel, Flour Shop, “Get Out” & more – 03/17/17
- #224: Tupelo Police get body cameras – 03/15/17
- #223: Weekend special: Crowder, Monster Jam, “Logan” & spinach salad – 03/10/17
- #222: Looking ahead to the municipal elections – 03/08/17