Making it big as a hip-hop artist isn’t easy in the rural stretch between the more music-centric cities of Memphis and Atlanta, but hip-hop is on the rise in Tupelo. The Daily Journal’s Riley Manning (2:40) attended a hip-hop showcase last weekend and joins Derek and Brad to discuss it. Also on today’s show, Lauren Wood and Ellie Turner (8:38) talk about last Sunday’s Bridal Journal Expo, and Ginna Parsons (14:11) gives insight on today’s food section. Plus, Derek and Brad seek their own hip-hop DJ names.
- #242: Weekend edition: Old-Time Piano Playing Festival, Karen’s Cake Shoppe & “Alien: Covenant” – 05/26/17
- #241: Corinth Schools take innovative approach – 05/24/17
- #240: Weekend edition: “King Arthur,” Tupelo Hog Roast and a Biltmore salad – 05/19/17
- #239: Federal authorities won’t charge Tupelo officer in Shumpert shooting – 05/17/17
- #238: Weekend edition: GumTree Festival & “Guardians of the Galaxy” – 05/12/17