Making it big as a hip-hop artist isn’t easy in the rural stretch between the more music-centric cities of Memphis and Atlanta, but hip-hop is on the rise in Tupelo. The Daily Journal’s Riley Manning (2:40) attended a hip-hop showcase last weekend and joins Derek and Brad to discuss it. Also on today’s show, Lauren Wood and Ellie Turner (8:38) talk about last Sunday’s Bridal Journal Expo, and Ginna Parsons (14:11) gives insight on today’s food section. Plus, Derek and Brad seek their own hip-hop DJ names.
- #233: Tupelo Schools to start STEM initiative & Chick-fil-A nears reopening – 04/26/17
- #232: Weekend special: Tupelo Film Fest, Mediterranean bread salad & “Going in Style” – 04/14/17
- #231: Program aims to attract more top students to become teachers – 04/12/17
- #230: Weekend special: Flavorful salads, “Ghost in the Shell,” & “Ax of Murder” – 04/07/17
- #229: Tupelo creates police advisory board – 04/05/17