Neal McCoy, executive director of the Tupelo Convention and Visitors Bureau, recently returned from a trip to London to promote Tupelo as a destination of European travel operators. He joins Derek and Brad (3:27) to discuss the trip and the importance of Elvis tourism to Tupelo. Also on today’s show, Ray Van Dusen (18:01) discusses an Aberdeen auctioneer whose collection includes the dress Whitney Houston wore in “The Bodyguard.” William Moore (21:22) talks about the future of Tupelo’s Major Thoroughfare Program, M. Scott Morris (29:02) reviews “Spectre,” and Brad and Chris Kieffer (35:50) talk about what is happening this weekend.
- #233: Tupelo Schools to start STEM initiative & Chick-fil-A nears reopening – 04/26/17
- #232: Weekend special: Tupelo Film Fest, Mediterranean bread salad & “Going in Style” – 04/14/17
- #231: Program aims to attract more top students to become teachers – 04/12/17
- #230: Weekend special: Flavorful salads, “Ghost in the Shell,” & “Ax of Murder” – 04/07/17
- #229: Tupelo creates police advisory board – 04/05/17