Mississippi’s fourth-grade students led the nation in gains made on the 2015 Nation’s Report Card, which was released on Wednesday. Despite those improvements, Mississippi still has a long way to go to reach the national average. Daily Journal education reporter Emma Crawford (2:59) joins Derek and guest host Chris Kieffer to discuss the latest results and what they mean. Also on today’s show, Adam Robison (11:30) talks about his photo essay on the Buffalo Park pumpkin patch, M. Scott Morris (15:03) reviews “Steve Jobs,” and Derek (24:40) tells us what is happening in town this Halloween weekend.
- #233: Tupelo Schools to start STEM initiative & Chick-fil-A nears reopening – 04/26/17
- #232: Weekend special: Tupelo Film Fest, Mediterranean bread salad & “Going in Style” – 04/14/17
- #231: Program aims to attract more top students to become teachers – 04/12/17
- #230: Weekend special: Flavorful salads, “Ghost in the Shell,” & “Ax of Murder” – 04/07/17
- #229: Tupelo creates police advisory board – 04/05/17