Mississippi’s fourth-grade students led the nation in gains made on the 2015 Nation’s Report Card, which was released on Wednesday. Despite those improvements, Mississippi still has a long way to go to reach the national average. Daily Journal education reporter Emma Crawford (2:59) joins Derek and guest host Chris Kieffer to discuss the latest results and what they mean. Also on today’s show, Adam Robison (11:30) talks about his photo essay on the Buffalo Park pumpkin patch, M. Scott Morris (15:03) reviews “Steve Jobs,” and Derek (24:40) tells us what is happening in town this Halloween weekend.
- #258: Planet of the Apes, Travis LeDoyt, and a young cook – 07/21/17
- #257: Looking back at the history of the BancorpSouth Arena – 07/19/17
- #256: A Scout’s Cookbook – 07/14/17
- #255: New developments in Fairpark, Mill Village and on North Gloster – 07/12/17
- #254: Zigtebra, ‘Despicable Me 3’ and pan-seared steak – 07/07/17