Mississippi’s fourth-grade students led the nation in gains made on the 2015 Nation’s Report Card, which was released on Wednesday. Despite those improvements, Mississippi still has a long way to go to reach the national average. Daily Journal education reporter Emma Crawford (2:59) joins Derek and guest host Chris Kieffer to discuss the latest results and what they mean. Also on today’s show, Adam Robison (11:30) talks about his photo essay on the Buffalo Park pumpkin patch, M. Scott Morris (15:03) reviews “Steve Jobs,” and Derek (24:40) tells us what is happening in town this Halloween weekend.
- #226: Plantersville, Shannon middle schools optimistic about improvement – 03/22/17
- #225: Weekend special: BBQ Duel, Flour Shop, “Get Out” & more – 03/17/17
- #224: Tupelo Police get body cameras – 03/15/17
- #223: Weekend special: Crowder, Monster Jam, “Logan” & spinach salad – 03/10/17
- #222: Looking ahead to the municipal elections – 03/08/17