Mississippi’s fourth-grade students led the nation in gains made on the 2015 Nation’s Report Card, which was released on Wednesday. Despite those improvements, Mississippi still has a long way to go to reach the national average. Daily Journal education reporter Emma Crawford (2:59) joins Derek and guest host Chris Kieffer to discuss the latest results and what they mean. Also on today’s show, Adam Robison (11:30) talks about his photo essay on the Buffalo Park pumpkin patch, M. Scott Morris (15:03) reviews “Steve Jobs,” and Derek (24:40) tells us what is happening in town this Halloween weekend.
- #242: Weekend edition: Old-Time Piano Playing Festival, Karen’s Cake Shoppe & “Alien: Covenant” – 05/26/17
- #241: Corinth Schools take innovative approach – 05/24/17
- #240: Weekend edition: “King Arthur,” Tupelo Hog Roast and a Biltmore salad – 05/19/17
- #239: Federal authorities won’t charge Tupelo officer in Shumpert shooting – 05/17/17
- #238: Weekend edition: GumTree Festival & “Guardians of the Galaxy” – 05/12/17