University of Mississippi officials removed the controversial state flag from the school’s campus on Monday morning. Oxford Citizen reporter Errol Castens (10:07) joins Derek and Brad to provide context on that decision. Also on today’s show, Bobby Harrison and Emma Crawford (16:07) discuss the issues surrounding Initiative 42 (which concerns school funding), Riley Manning (25:21) talks about the efforts of a Southaven church to revitalize an Assembly of God church in East Tupelo, and Brad (28:38) breaks down this week’s crime reports.
- #233: Tupelo Schools to start STEM initiative & Chick-fil-A nears reopening – 04/26/17
- #232: Weekend special: Tupelo Film Fest, Mediterranean bread salad & “Going in Style” – 04/14/17
- #231: Program aims to attract more top students to become teachers – 04/12/17
- #230: Weekend special: Flavorful salads, “Ghost in the Shell,” & “Ax of Murder” – 04/07/17
- #229: Tupelo creates police advisory board – 04/05/17