The College Board on Monday announced the selection of University of Kansas Provost Jeffrey Vitter as the preferred candidate to become the next chancellor at the University of Mississippi. Oxford Citizen reporter Errol Castens (7:10) joins Brad and guest host Chris Kieffer to discuss Vitter and the Ole Miss chancellor search. Castens also provides more details about Tuesday night’s vote by the Ole Miss student government association calling for the university to remove the Mississippi flag from its campus. Also on today’s show, photographer Lauren Wood (14:53) shares her experience with this week’s In Focus photo essay, and Chickasaw Journal reporter Floyd Ingram (20:31) tells us about the Houston High School team competing in the World Solar Car Challenge in Australia. Chris and Brad give the highlights of Ginna’s food section (27:08). Be careful, it’s Back to the Future Day!
- #258: Planet of the Apes, Travis LeDoyt, and a young cook – 07/21/17
- #257: Looking back at the history of the BancorpSouth Arena – 07/19/17
- #256: A Scout’s Cookbook – 07/14/17
- #255: New developments in Fairpark, Mill Village and on North Gloster – 07/12/17
- #254: Zigtebra, ‘Despicable Me 3’ and pan-seared steak – 07/07/17