Before Elvis could become the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll, he had to learn to play the guitar. A new Tupelo Convention & Visitors Bureau exhibit honors the Rev. Frank Smith, the Tupelo man who taught him how. Daily Journal business reporter Dennis Seid (4:15) joins Derek and guest host Chris Kieffer to tell more about the exhibit. Other topics include memories of the late Elaine Hancock (2:20), the 10th-anniversary of Sanctuary Hospice House (9:06), legislative elections (21:24), crime reports (28:04) and the announcement of a preferred candidate for Ole Miss chancellor – Jeffrey Vitter (16:46). Guests include Daily Journal reporters Michaela Morris, Emma Crawford and Bobby Harrison.
- #258: Planet of the Apes, Travis LeDoyt, and a young cook – 07/21/17
- #257: Looking back at the history of the BancorpSouth Arena – 07/19/17
- #256: A Scout’s Cookbook – 07/14/17
- #255: New developments in Fairpark, Mill Village and on North Gloster – 07/12/17
- #254: Zigtebra, ‘Despicable Me 3’ and pan-seared steak – 07/07/17