Before Elvis could become the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll, he had to learn to play the guitar. A new Tupelo Convention & Visitors Bureau exhibit honors the Rev. Frank Smith, the Tupelo man who taught him how. Daily Journal business reporter Dennis Seid (4:15) joins Derek and guest host Chris Kieffer to tell more about the exhibit. Other topics include memories of the late Elaine Hancock (2:20), the 10th-anniversary of Sanctuary Hospice House (9:06), legislative elections (21:24), crime reports (28:04) and the announcement of a preferred candidate for Ole Miss chancellor – Jeffrey Vitter (16:46). Guests include Daily Journal reporters Michaela Morris, Emma Crawford and Bobby Harrison.
- #242: Weekend edition: Old-Time Piano Playing Festival, Karen’s Cake Shoppe & “Alien: Covenant” – 05/26/17
- #241: Corinth Schools take innovative approach – 05/24/17
- #240: Weekend edition: “King Arthur,” Tupelo Hog Roast and a Biltmore salad – 05/19/17
- #239: Federal authorities won’t charge Tupelo officer in Shumpert shooting – 05/17/17
- #238: Weekend edition: GumTree Festival & “Guardians of the Galaxy” – 05/12/17