Three Tupelo tourism officials will travel to England next month to sell Elvis’s Birthplace to fans of The King of Rock and Roll. Daily Journal reporter William Moore (5:21) joins Brad and guest host Chris Kieffer to discuss their trip and the attempt to bring more tourists to the All-America City. Also on today’s show, Emma Crawford (9:45) details the latest Tupelo School construction project to proceed from April’s bond vote, Dennis Seid (14:55) speaks of a resurgence in the furniture industry and Ginna Parsons (23:00) highlights this week’s Food section, including Friday’s Chili Fest event.
- #242: Weekend edition: Old-Time Piano Playing Festival, Karen’s Cake Shoppe & “Alien: Covenant” – 05/26/17
- #241: Corinth Schools take innovative approach – 05/24/17
- #240: Weekend edition: “King Arthur,” Tupelo Hog Roast and a Biltmore salad – 05/19/17
- #239: Federal authorities won’t charge Tupelo officer in Shumpert shooting – 05/17/17
- #238: Weekend edition: GumTree Festival & “Guardians of the Galaxy” – 05/12/17