Derek and Brad hit the road and recorded today’s podcast on location at the BancorpSouth Arena, site of the “Imagine the Possibilities” career expo. Nearly 3,000 Northeast Mississippi eighth-grade students attended the event over two days, where they visited interactive activities from 18 different career pathways. Joining the hosts to talk more about this year’s inaugural event were CREATE’s Mike Clayborne (2:21), the Daily Journal’s Emma Crawford (16:45) and Larry Anderson (22:40), who helped plan the expo. Also, Paige Roberts and Karen Sock (10:55), who coordinate a similar event on the Gulf Coast, gave their insight.
- #226: Plantersville, Shannon middle schools optimistic about improvement – 03/22/17
- #225: Weekend special: BBQ Duel, Flour Shop, “Get Out” & more – 03/17/17
- #224: Tupelo Police get body cameras – 03/15/17
- #223: Weekend special: Crowder, Monster Jam, “Logan” & spinach salad – 03/10/17
- #222: Looking ahead to the municipal elections – 03/08/17