Dickie Scruggs, the former trial lawyer who served a prison sentence on federal bribery charges, is now championing education for the state’s half-a-million adults without a high school diploma. Daily Journal reporter Riley Manning joins hosts Brad and Derek to discuss Scruggs’ new venture aimed at helping adults complete GED programs. Also on today’s show, Emma Crawford (6:48) previews next week’s middle school career expo, Dennis Seid talks about both Oktoberfest (10:48) and new credit card chips (13:43) and Ginna Parsons (20:18) details this week’s food section. Happy National Podcasting Day!
- #226: Plantersville, Shannon middle schools optimistic about improvement – 03/22/17
- #225: Weekend special: BBQ Duel, Flour Shop, “Get Out” & more – 03/17/17
- #224: Tupelo Police get body cameras – 03/15/17
- #223: Weekend special: Crowder, Monster Jam, “Logan” & spinach salad – 03/10/17
- #222: Looking ahead to the municipal elections – 03/08/17