Dickie Scruggs, the former trial lawyer who served a prison sentence on federal bribery charges, is now championing education for the state’s half-a-million adults without a high school diploma. Daily Journal reporter Riley Manning joins hosts Brad and Derek to discuss Scruggs’ new venture aimed at helping adults complete GED programs. Also on today’s show, Emma Crawford (6:48) previews next week’s middle school career expo, Dennis Seid talks about both Oktoberfest (10:48) and new credit card chips (13:43) and Ginna Parsons (20:18) details this week’s food section. Happy National Podcasting Day!
- #242: Weekend edition: Old-Time Piano Playing Festival, Karen’s Cake Shoppe & “Alien: Covenant” – 05/26/17
- #241: Corinth Schools take innovative approach – 05/24/17
- #240: Weekend edition: “King Arthur,” Tupelo Hog Roast and a Biltmore salad – 05/19/17
- #239: Federal authorities won’t charge Tupelo officer in Shumpert shooting – 05/17/17
- #238: Weekend edition: GumTree Festival & “Guardians of the Galaxy” – 05/12/17