Tupelo’s Veterans Park has a new memorial, a Vietnam-era fighter bomber that was delivered to the park on Sunday. William Moore, who wrote about the F-105 Thunderchief, and Lauren Wood, who photographed its transit from the lot where it was being restored, join Derek and Brad (12:54) to talk about the plane. Also on today’s show, Bobby Harrison (7:20) discusses next year’s state budget, Adam Robison (19:56) describes the restoration of the Lee County Courthouse clock, the hosts breakdown a weekend of college football (1:15) and Brad (27:50) details the latest crime reports.
- #242: Weekend edition: Old-Time Piano Playing Festival, Karen’s Cake Shoppe & “Alien: Covenant” – 05/26/17
- #241: Corinth Schools take innovative approach – 05/24/17
- #240: Weekend edition: “King Arthur,” Tupelo Hog Roast and a Biltmore salad – 05/19/17
- #239: Federal authorities won’t charge Tupelo officer in Shumpert shooting – 05/17/17
- #238: Weekend edition: GumTree Festival & “Guardians of the Galaxy” – 05/12/17