Phony invoices, fake bids and even a phantom business were used to bilk Alcorn County out of hundreds of thousands of dollars. Daily Journal law enforcement reporter William Moore joins hosts Brad and Derek to discuss this week’s court proceedings in the Alcorn County corruption saga. Meanwhile, general assignment reporter Zack Orsborn (9:06) talks about the region’s share of National Merit semifinalists, M. Scott Morris reviews “The Transporter Refueled” (13:31) and Derek previews this weekend’s entertainment scene (18:26).
- #242: Weekend edition: Old-Time Piano Playing Festival, Karen’s Cake Shoppe & “Alien: Covenant” – 05/26/17
- #241: Corinth Schools take innovative approach – 05/24/17
- #240: Weekend edition: “King Arthur,” Tupelo Hog Roast and a Biltmore salad – 05/19/17
- #239: Federal authorities won’t charge Tupelo officer in Shumpert shooting – 05/17/17
- #238: Weekend edition: GumTree Festival & “Guardians of the Galaxy” – 05/12/17